|Location||Patuxent River, MD|
|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Engineer, Electronics/Electrical (RCS)
Duties and General Functions:
This position will serve as Radar Cross Section (RCS) Engineer for the Advanced Dynamic Measurement System (ADAMS) Team at the Atlantic Test Range (ATR), Patuxent River, MD. As part of a larger test team the RCS Engineer will support ADAMS by performing RCS flight test data analysis, supporting RCS flight operations, test planning, and coordinating with flight test customers. In addition to test measurement duties, the RCS engineer will utilize his or her skills to support independent studies that contribute to development of this state-of-the-art RCS measurement facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process and perform Quality Assurance review of RCS flight data.
• Coordinate with customers to communicate Range capabilities and gather customer requirements. Participate in test planning process for upcoming projects.
• Coordinate with Team Lead to support upgrades to the radar to meet data requirements.
• Conduct flight testing as RCS Project Engineer (overall responsibility).
• Provide recommendations for process improvements to radar, processing software and QA process.
• Actively participate in Range Certification efforts.
• Conduct independent studies as needed to support ADAMS understanding of RCS phenomenology.
• Provide other support, as required, as defined by the ASAM Branch Head and/or the ADAMS Team Lead.
Other Experience, Skills, Requirements and Information:
• At least 4 years’ experience associated with engineering functions related to development, test, or evaluation of instrumentation systems is required.
• Candidate should have a sound understanding of RCS scattering phenomenology.
• A background in RCS measurements as well as either RCS design or modeling and simulation is highly desired.
• Proficiency in MATLAB required.
• Knowledge of RCS signal processing (i.e. FFT, windowing, statistics, and probability distribution functions) is required.
• Should be able to support a dynamic work schedule and some travel will be required.
• Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Applicant must pass a pre-employment drug screen and is subject to Random Drug Screens.
• A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from a school of engineering having at least one professional engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) (or in related disciplines such as physics, mathematics or computer science).
• Must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret Clearance.
• Conditions will vary. Most work is performed in enclosed buildings, but some outside work may be required. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.