|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Assist and support Chair and PGA in administering faculty affairs aspects of department including coordinating recruitment efforts, maintaining physician licensure and credentialing, managing faculty academic appointments and promotions and planning faculty
events. This position will also help coordinate and oversee administrative issues related to Ortho Residency Program and Medical Student Clerkship. Supervises appropriate support staff in carrying out administrative duties related to Residency Program and
Medical Student Clerkship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manages all aspects of the faculty recruitment process adhering to University and federal guidelines.
• Arranges interviews and escorts faculty candidates through interview process.
• Manages all aspects of the faculty employment, credentialing and appointment process; working with other MFA departments, University representatives and outside agencies.
• Coordinates start-up and orientation of all new faculty including arrangements for necessary resources, training, equipment, computer access, etc.
• Tracks faculty leave and manages departmental faculty leave policies and procedures.
• Coordinates faculty lecture series with two affiliated institutions and maintains CME attendance records.
• Maintains current faculty credentialing with all affiliated institutions, contracts and carriers; acts as liaison with all credentialing offices/sources.
• Prepares variety of publications, presentations, memoranda, and correspondence designed to effect action or publicize departmental activities.
• Plans, organizes, schedules and coordinates departmental-wide activities such as graduation ceremonies, conferences, and other faculty, staff and/or GME functions.
• Supports the Appointments, Promotions and Tenure Committee by prepping all applications for faculty appointment and promotion. Works with candidates to compile and draft documents for applications and counsels faculty on the process.
• Manages the University Annual Faculty Report process for the department.
• Supports Department Chair in role
• Provides support to the monthly Division Directors meetings by preparing documents for distribution and discussion.
• Communicates with MFA and University representatives, governmental agencies, learned societies, accreditation bodies and other individuals or groups to exchange information, enlist cooperation and implement departmental programs.
• Maintains appropriate records, files and accounts, instituting or enforcing accountability and confidentiality procedures according to nature of data.
• Develops, evaluates and implements policies or procedures to ensure completion of the project.
• Acts as liaison between departments or agencies to facilitate work flow.
• Performs research to collect, analyze and present substantive information for incorporation in administrative and/or technical documents, articles, and correspondences.
• Participates in meetings with department managers to solve problems, report findings and facilitate workflow.
Education Coordinator Duties:
• Supervise day-to day work flow of Ortho Residency Program and Medical Student Clerkship.
• Supervise day-to-day activities and workflow of support staff.
• Be a point of contact (POC) for Residents, Faculty, and Students.
• Communicate effectively and proactively with Department Administrator and management.
• Assist OBGYN Residency Director with all applicable administrative tasks related to the Residency Program.
• Assist Clerkship Director with applicable administrative tasks related to the Medical Student Clerkship.
• Attend all applicable GME meetings with the University as assigned.
• Maintain adequate resident files and Residency Program Documents.
• Oversee Resident Orientation and Medical Student Orientation.
• Organize and administer issues related to Resident recruitment.
• Become proficient with financials related to GME.
• Order and coordinate CREOG exam and participate in proctoring.
• Participate in GME department activities, and oversee administrative support for department Grand Rounds and Visiting Professor Conferences.
• Coordinate with administration at other Residency Program/Clerkship sites.
• Update OBGYN Residency Website.
• Act as Administrator for the E-Value Online evaluation system.
• Coordinate Resident schedules and Teaching Resident Schedule with Administrative Chief Residents.
• Participate in Curriculum Committee meetings. Relay information appropriately.
• Attend Kane King Dodek Society Annual Meeting. Relay information appropriately.