|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
RN Nursing Unit Manager
South River Health and Rehabilitation Center is proud to be part of the CommuniCare family of service providers. We're dedicated to giving our residents care with the respect they deserve that goes beyond their medical needs.
South River currently has an opening for a full time, salaried Nursing Unit Manager. The ideal candidate for the Nursing Unit Manager position will be an RN with at least 5 years of clinical experience, preferably in a Unit Manager role. Strong managerial and clinical skills are required. Starting salary is based on experience. This position has great potential for growth. We are willing to train an experienced candidate as ADON.
The position of Unit Coordinator / manager coordinates the delivery of nursing care for residents and provides leadership to the nursing staff to assure that care standards are met and the highest degree of quality resident care is provided at all times. The position must function as both a team member, team leader, and supervisor to ensure that work is accomplished and quality care is delivered, supporting team members and leading the way in celebrating team successes. While focusing on delivering quality care, the position must also manage the resources within their control and assist others in managing resources. The position is accountable for all operational aspects of the unit(s) on a 24-hour basis.
Job responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and direct the team functions of nursing activities in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the financial aspects of nursing operations and provide accurate documentation of all services in order to assure accurate reimbursement from all payor sources
- Manage the resources available in the role of unit manager while ensuring that needed resources are available and that quality care is delivered to all residents
- Participate in the development of a written care plan and assessment for each resident and review and revise as appropriate.
- Maintain resident documentation, records and charts to ensure an accurate, up to date record of the resident's medical treatments
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Participate in and provide scheduled training, educational classes, and orientation programs to maintain licensure of self and certification of team members and enhance quality of care
If you are an RN with long term care & supervisory experience, strong managerial and clinical skills, and a passion for excellence, respond to this ad to join a World Class team of nursing professionals! Please forward