|Date Posted||February 13, 2018|
Vice President of Development
With the national conversation focused on sexual assault and harassment, especially in the wake of the #MeToo movement, there has never been a more important time to join the fight against sexual violence. Each survivor’s story reminds us of the heartbreaking reality that many Americans face this every single day. Every 98 seconds an American is sexually assaulted. Every 8 minutes, a child is sexually abused. This is unacceptable and RAINN is leading the national effort to end it.
RAINN is the leading authority on sexual violence. As the largest anti-sexual violence organization, RAINN is a dynamic organization focused on victim services, public education, public policy, and consulting services. Its team develops and operates best-in-class services for survivors, informs and educates the nation about sexual violence, and improves the public policy and criminal justice response to these crimes. RAINN also created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline so survivors and their loved ones can get the help they need and deserve.
RAINN’s visibility – and opportunity – has never been greater. In just the last four months, we have added 40 new staff to support survivors contacting the National Sexual Assault Hotline and to serve organizations working to improve their prevention and response programs. We just launched a new PSA campaign with David Schwimmer and the Ad Council. As our founder and president Scott Berkowitz described it to The Washington Post, “there’s a much greater recognition of the scale of this crime and how widespread sexual assault is…this is really something that affects a huge percentage of the population."
We are at a pivotal time in our country and it will take all of our voices to come together to create change. In this high profile role as vice president of development, you will leverage this watershed moment to strengthen donor relationships and build a pipeline for future growth through solicitation of new major gifts, individual gifts, corporate partnerships, and foundation support. With current fundraising levels of $2.5 million (75 percent of which is individual donors) plus more than $8 million in program revenue, RAINN will count on your expertise in donor development to substantially grow our revenue while managing (and growing) a team of three direct reports.
Responsibilities of the Vice President of Development
- Create, implement, and manage a comprehensive development strategy, from planning to evaluation.
- Manage relationships with current major donors and cultivate new ones.
- Grow our already-robust online giving programs.
- Manage relationships with corporate and foundation donors and expand support.
- Expand revenue-generating and fundraising activities and partnerships to support existing programs and future growth; cultivate existing relationships and develop new funder relationships.
- Lead, mentor, and develop a growing team of three development professionals.
- Provide oversight and direction for all development operations. Ensure compliance with regulations, laws, and ethical codes of conduct; maintain accountability standards for donors. Promote a culture of high performance, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively with the leadership team on cross-program activities.